Amongst many highlights, here are just a few of the magic moments we shared with our authors at the Madeleine Milburn Literary Agency in 2015:
- C.L. Taylor became the No.5 Sunday Times Bestseller and No.1 ebook bestseller with her psychological suspense thriller The Lie (HarperCollins)
- TV rights to The Widow by Fiona Barton (Transworld) were optioned by Playground Television, the company behind the BBC’s adaptation of Hilary Mantel’s Wolf Hall and the British drama series The Missing.
- The exclusive screening of C.J. Daugherty’s international bestselling Night School webisode series was held at The Soho Screening Rooms
- Film rights to Caleb Krisp’s children’s novel Anyone But Ivy Pocket (Bloomsbury) was optioned by Paramount Studios with producer Allison Shearmur of The Hunger Games and Cinderella.
- Fionnuala Kearney and Maria Duffy were both in the Top 10 Irish fiction chart with You, Me and Other People (HarperCollins) and A Love Like This (Hachette) respectively.
- Rupert Wallis was shortlisted for the Branford Boase Award with his debut novel The Dark Inside (Simon & Schuster)
- A Boy Called Hope by Lara Williamson (Usborne) was shortlisted for the Waterstones Children’s Book Prize amongst a string of other prestigious awards.
- Holly Bourne was selected for World Book Night 2016 with her latest novel Am I Normal Yet? (Usborne) and nominated for the 2016 Carnegie Medal.
- Xavier Koller at Swiss film production company Catpics AG optioned the Film & TV rights in The Naughty Girls Book Club by Sophie Hart, which is now in development.
- Kathryn Croft’s The Girl With No Past (Bookouture) was the No.1 Kindle ebook bestseller for multiple weeks, and five MM Agency authors were in the Top 15 on the Kindle bestseller list during the month of December including Mel Sherratt with Watching Over You, Holly Martin with Christmas at Lilac Cottage, A.J. Waines with Girl on a Train, C.L. Taylor with The Lie and Kathryn Croft, as mentioned.
- The MM Rights Team negotiated tons of new translation deals for the agency’s authors at the London, Bologna and Frankfurt Book fairs including some of the fairs’ the most talked about debuts: Eleanor Oliphant by Gail Honeyman (Penguin Random House), The Widow by Fiona Barton (Transworld), In the Dark, In the Woods by Eliza Wass (Quercus), Recipes for Melissa by Teresa Driscoll (Bookouture) and If You Knew My Sister by Michelle Adams (Headline)
- MM Agency Authors including Matt Ralphs, C.J. Daugherty, Lara Williamson and Holly Bourne toured the UK and multiple international markets with their latest novels.
We also moved into much larger offices within our charming Georgian building at 10 Shepherd Market in Mayfair
…and celebrated 2015 at our magical Author Christmas party…
Happy New Year everyone! Here’s to all the exciting things to come in 2016!