As a growing literary agency in the UK, we are always looking for new writers. Madeleine Milburn will personally look at everything that is submitted to the agency if the guidelines are followed below. We represent authors based all over the world and also review successfully self-published and established authors.
We receive between thirty and forty submissions each day so it is extremely important that you follow our submission guidelines when submitting your work. Do give us a nudge if another agency has got there before us and has requested your complete manuscript, as we really want the opportunity to consider your submission (we are always hard at work with existing clients!)
We review all submissions by email. Please send your work to: email@example.com. We no longer accept submissions by post – these will not be considered or returned. Please follow the instructions below:
- Please put your name and the title of your manuscript in the subject line of the email, for example Abigail Bond THE FLIGHT
- Please send a professional email introducing your work in the same way that you would write a formal covering letter. Do include information about yourself that is relevant to the work you are submitting but make sure you pitch your work first.
- Attach a one or two page synopsis and the first three chapters ONLY of the manuscript. There should only be two attachments. Please do not send multiple emails.
- The manuscript and synopsis should be in Word format and 1.5 or double spaced. Please check the spelling before sending.
- Pitch your book in your email i.e. write a compelling blurb to get us interested in the story. Read the back cover of books in the same area that you are writing in for ideas. Do not pitch your work in the synopsis as this should ‘tell’ the story rather than ‘sell’ the story.
- Please DO NOT send an introductory email asking if we would like to see your work as we review everything that comes in.
- Please do alert us if other agents have requested your complete manuscript or you have an offer of representation.
Due to the high volume of submissions, we are not able to offer individual feedback unless we are considering representation. Film & TV scripts are handled for our established clients only.