The Madeleine Milburn Literary Agency is dedicated to selling the international translation rights for our authors as widely as possible. The agency has an extensive network of contacts around the world and prides itself on getting significant translation deals in multiple territories.
Each country is important to us as we want our authors to be international bestsellers. The International Book Fairs including the London Book Fair, Bologna Book Fair, Book Expo America and Frankfurt book fair are the main rights events in the calendar year, and all our submissions are carefully planned around these fairs to encourage as much interest as possible in the translation rights, UK & US rights and Film & TV.
Below is a selection of the international covers of our titles:
We work directly with international publishers across the globe, except for the following territories, where we work closely with international co-agents:
- Bulgaria: Katalina Sabeva at Anthea, Sophia
- China, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam & Indonesia: : Gray Tan at The Grayhawk Agency, Taipei
- Czech Republic: Kristin Olson Literary Agency, Prague
- Hungary: Katalin Katai at Katai & Bolza, Budapest
- Japan: Miko Yamanouchi at Japan Uni Agency, Tokyo
- Korea: Danny Hong at Danny Hong Agency, Seoul
- Russia & Ukraine: Elizabeth Van Lear & Olga Baykova at Van Lear Agency, London & Moscow
- Serbia, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia & Macedonia: Vuk Perisic & Mila Perisic at PLIMA Literary Agency, Belgrade
- Turkey: Atilla Izgi Turgut at Akcali Copyright Agency, Istanbul
We’re incredibly proud to see two of our authors on the list of eight 2017 debut novelists to watch in The Observer this weekend. Gail Honeyman was one of two MMLA authors to be selected for her debut novel ELEANOR OLIPHANT IS COMPLETELY FINE, which is to be … Read more
Happy Publication day to Luana Lewis; FORGET ME NOT is being published in the Netherlands by Cargo under the title VERGEET ME NIET. You can get your copy here.
C.J. Tudor, author of the Frankfurt Book Fair sensation The Chalk Man, talks to us about her experience so far. The MM Agency has sold rights to her fastest-selling debut novel in 38 territories including major rights deals with Penguin Random House / Michael Joseph in the UK and Penguin Random House / Crown in the US. … Read more
The Frankfurt Book Fair this month saw an abundance of deals being made by the agency – including 37 languages now sold for C.J. Tudor’s debut The Chalk Man – Madeleine took a moment to speak to Tom Tivnan from The Bookseller about the fair, taking a book from the … Read more
Today is the French publication day for THE SECRET CITY by CJ Daugherty, the bestselling author of the NIGHT SCHOOL series, and Carina Rozenfeld. This is the second book in the ALCHEMIST CHRONICLES. Robert Laffont are publishing under the title LA CITÉ SECRÈTE. Here is their fantastic cover: THE SECRET CITY is … Read more