The Madeleine Milburn Literary Agency is dedicated to selling the international translation rights for our authors as widely as possible. The agency has an extensive network of contacts around the world and prides itself on getting significant translation deals in multiple territories.
Each country is important to us as we want our authors to be international bestsellers. The International Book Fairs including the London Book Fair, Bologna Book Fair, Book Expo America and Frankfurt book fair are the main rights events in the calendar year, and all our submissions are carefully planned around these fairs to encourage as much interest as possible in the translation rights, UK & US rights and Film & TV.
Below is a selection of the international covers of our titles:
We work directly with international publishers across the globe, except for the following territories, where we work closely with international co-agents:
- Bulgaria: Katalina Sabeva at Anthea, Sophia
- China, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam & Indonesia: : Gray Tan at The Grayhawk Agency, Taipei
- Hungary: Katalin Katai at Katai & Bolza, Budapest
- Japan: Miko Yamanouchi at Japan Uni Agency, Tokyo
- Korea: Danny Hong at Danny Hong Agency, Seoul
- Russia & Ukraine: Elizabeth Van Lear & Olga Baykova at Van Lear Agency, London & Moscow
- Serbia, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia & Macedonia: Vuk Perisic & Mila Perisic at PLIMA Literary Agency, Belgrade
- Turkey: Atilla Izgi Turgut at Akcali Copyright Agency, Istanbul
For my final entry on ‘What does a literary agent do?’ I will address deal making. Every single day I am negotiating top deals in the UK, US and foreign markets, including film and TV rights. This aspect of the being an agent gives my writers a platform to be successful. … Read more
Our bestselling thriller writer, Lee Child, is awarded an honorary degree from De Montfort University in Leicester. Watch fabulous coverage here, including his advice to students: ‘read now, read 10,000 books then start writing’ and, it’s never too late for the rest of us: ‘You’re looking at a guy who was 40 years … Read more