The Madeleine Milburn Literary Agency is dedicated to selling the international translation rights for our authors as widely as possible. The agency has an extensive network of contacts around the world and prides itself on getting significant translation deals in multiple territories.
Each country is important to us as we want our authors to be international bestsellers. The International Book Fairs including the London Book Fair, Bologna Book Fair, Book Expo America and Frankfurt book fair are the main rights events in the calendar year, and all our submissions are carefully planned around these fairs to encourage as much interest as possible in the translation rights, UK & US rights and Film & TV.
We work directly with international publishers based in countries around the world including Germany, France, Italy, Spain, the Netherlands, Scandinavia, the Baltic States, Portugal, Brazil, Israel, Greece and Poland, and we work closely with international co-agents in the following territories:
- Bulgaria: Katalina Sabeva at Anthea, Sophia
- China, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam & Indonesia: Gray Tan at The Grayhawk Agency, Taipei
- Hungary: Katalin Katai at Katai & Bolza, Budapest
- Japan: Miko Yamanouchi at Japan Uni Agency, Tokyo
- Korea: Danny Hong at Danny Hong Agency, Seoul
- Russia & Ukraine: Elizabeth Van Lear & Olga Baykova at Van Lear Agency, London & Moscow
- Serbia, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia & Macedonia: Vuk Perisic & Mila Perisic at PLIMA Literary Agency, Belgrade
- Turkey: Atilla Izgi Turgut at Akcali Copyright Agency, Istanbul